Sunday, January 20, 2013

crafting snafting.

for some reason, the last several weeks, i have been inspired to craft/redecorate. could be because all my stuff was sitting on the ground in the dining room and zak kept playing with it, or because all my christmas decorations gone make our house seem so boring. 

what's better to decorate for than the next holiday of lovey-dovey-ness? 

this last week, i crafted with some girls from dental school and made these cute things. So fun eh? Super easy with wood letters, mod podge and scrap book paper. We antiqued the edges with a chalk stamp. It's my favorite. 

I saw a ton of felt garlands on pinterest, and decided i should make one because i already have tons of felt from my headband making extravaganzas. you're technically supposed to sew it together, but i'm super lazy and just hot glued it. or maybe it's because i couldn't figure out how to thread the bobbin in the sewing machine. you'll never know. i originally only made one but then i saw it hanging on the frames all by itself and decided it needed another layer. much better. 
i want to make some more valentine-y things but i haven't decided what else is speaking to me yet. i need to stalk pinterest more.

on a different note, we may or may not have bought a french fry cutter to make veggies small enough for greysen to snack on. it's pretty awesome. so far we've baked sweet potato fries and regular fries and they're both delicious. and healthy{er} too. 

a long time ago, ok, like three months ago, i had a craft night at our house and made these chevron canvases. ok. that's not true. i tried to make them, but couldn't mathematically figure out how to make the stripes, so levi taped it. and i painted it. i have a cool husband like that. but, like the other things sitting on the floor in my dining room, i jut got around to finishing them now. i'm loving the addition to my dining room now. as a side note, aren't these printables like the cutest? totally googled "kitchen printables" and they showed up. i don't remember what website though, sorry! 


 this project was probably my favorite one. i'm especially proud of it. levi had a bunch of 2x4's left over from his garage cleaning up project, so i decided i would antique them and make them jewelry holders since i've been buying more from groopdealz. it's like an addiction. i love cheap jewelry. anyways, i stained them with apple cider vinegar and steel wool and then spray painted them cream and then sanded them down. i bought some knobs from anthropologie and then my crafty/genius husband figured out how to attach them to the wood. and here they have sat in our room. and every time i look at them, i burst with pride. ;) i also wear my stuff much more frequently now that it's not in a giant pile on my dresser.

i also made these burlap covered canvases at my craft night, and left them in the dining room because i couldn't find anything to do with them. then i realized that i could poke my earrings through it to hang them. GENIUS. sometimes i just amaze myself. 

that is a brief summary of my achievements this past week. i forgot how much i love to craft/decorate because i haven't done it in such a long time. funny how being awake during nap time can be so productive. 


2 comments:

  1. nice work!! all very cute. i especially love the block letters at the beginning!! i need to get my butt in gear and do some fun crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I love them all! I'm intrigued by your french fry cutter...we looked into getting one but the reviews made it sound like we'd only be safe with an industrial/heavy-duty one because the other ones break easily. Do you guys like yours??

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lovin'