Monday, February 11, 2013

throw back sunday.

after brainstorming for a while, i couldn't think of a word that started with "s" that meant throwback. thumbs down. ruined my clever blog post for today. oh well. 

so, i'll be honest. i love throwback thursday on instagram. i love going through everyone's pictures and then looking at mine and remembering how awesome i was as a child. i decided to dedicate one special blog post to throw back melissa and levi, and maybe babies, depending on how many hilarious pictures i find, because i know you're all dying to see how much we've matured. 


we'll start with a gem i found from 8th grade. why is this cool? because my friend gina and i thought this waiter was super hot so we took a picture with him. i was cool, like i said. who wouldn't want to take a picture with that sexy brace face? 

then there was EFY when i was 14. i went with my bff melanie, on the right, who stole all the "cute" young, pubescent boys. except for the one behind me, who followed me around all week. we also got into blue eye shadow that week, not sure if you can see it behind my glasses, but it was h-a-w-t. 

aww, look at how cute my little brother was. we went to ski school when i was 14-ish. you know you like my half sweater. it was super attractive i promise. 

oh remember, when my parent's dressed us up to match on cruises. this is another winner picture. haha. btw, i'm totally going to be that mom that makes their kid match at age 16. 

oh? you didn't know i went to music camp every summer? yeah. it was awesome. in case you didn't know, i played the clarinet for like 12 years. went to music camp, was drum major, went to all state, played in college. yeah. 

in case you didn't know, i might be the worst picture taker ever. like literally. case in point, look at my graduation picture. who is that? why does she have six chins? jeez, girl. that joke about you that you wrote that they read, wasn't really that funny. 

to celebrate my awesome-ness, we went to england for a few weeks, and it was fabulous. we saw my all time favorite show -- that we are seeing for valentine's day, so excited! -- 

oh, and then we move on to college. where, i got a little better at taking pictures. not much though. some of my fabulous roommates and i bummed rides and went to park city. love them. 

then there was this one time, we had 80's night. do we even know what 80's entails? obviously blue wigs, and weird jewelry. haha. ohhh i am loving looking at these pictures. love you nicole. 

then there was this one time, when i forced other best-almost roommate amy to take a bus trip to idaho to hang out with a guy i was dating. and then he didn't show up for ever, and we took random pictures to make ourselves look awesome. that was the best trip, when i made her be an awkward third wheel. but at least we're still friends. 

oh, and then we're on to my cool spouse. on our first date. or second. i'm not sure. we went roller skating or something. good thing we remember what we did in the beginning of our romantical life. 

then one time, we took a road trip home to reno with my four roommates and levi. he must have really liked me, because no one puts up with all four of us for 8 hours in a car. 

then, we got engaged, and my bff's and i went to the big ol' SF for my bachelorette party hard. it was fabulous. 

then we partied hard again, the night before we got married, by eating way too many delicious things, riding around in a hummer limo and being fabulous. 

then we got married, and didn't take any pictures together ever. but we did get one going skiing with our bff's that one time. oh, i miss that place. park city is the bomb.com. 

look at how cute all of us were. pre-kids, poor and fabulous. miss all you guys! 

then we made the trip to disneyland and it was SWEET! going there is kind of way better without kids. as fun as it is to see the magic with kids, it's waaaay easier as two married kids than with a kid. 

sexy? yes. we are. 
celebrating our one year anniversary. we went to a dinner theatre. where levi had to dance in front of everyone. 


aren't we the coolest costum-ers? the answer is yes. 

one time, we got a cruise for a wedding present. and we finally went a year later. it was awesome. if only we could go to mexico again. i could use some warm water, and sand.

then because we loved our cat so much, we took christmas tree pictures with her. yes. 

christmas in canada. look at the sweet facial hair. 

love these girls. oh ashley. always about the free food at wedding expo's. 

and then, because most of the rest of our life is blogged, here are our favorites. muah muah muah. 








 well, i thoroughly enjoyed going through these for myself, since i'm pretty sure no one ever looks at this, besides some single dental students who wish they were as cool as us. ;)


5 comments:

  1. This made me all nostalgic! BYU days seem like they were a million years ago and yesterday at the same time. Sheesh we really need a reunion. Once I'm done with this hair school nonsense, I am coming to visit you. Even you live in Canada by then! And it will be a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I love going through my old pictures and finding out how much of a weirdo i was too. Some comments:

    Picture 1: I totally remember doing that kind of stuff at my age (or at least wanting to). Was that taken at an Olive Garden? Because I swear I will never forget those ties until the day I die.

    Picture 3: Love the half sweater.

    Picture 4: Your brother and you look like you're about to go to the prom together! You're face tells it all.

    Picture 6: This is a totally your laughing face! I miss you.

    Picture 15: I miss you guys.

    Picture 16: Ugh fattest one there. Isn't it crazy that Philip and Theresa now have one of their own!!!

    Picture 17: Disneyland is WAY more fun without the kids. At this age, they don't have any idea what is going on and then they get crabby and you totally don't get to ride the good rides like space mountain, thunder mountain, indiana jones, etc.

    Picture 18: This photo cracks me up every time I see it. You guys are totally smexy.

    Picture 20: I totally hated that apartment. It can eat my poo.

    Pictures 26-29: You guys are the best. We miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh EFY. Those were the good ole days. Haha. I just found your cute blog! I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED these photos and think it was a GREAT idea for you to post them! Thanks from me. I just can't believe how quickly you've all grown! (Okay that sounds like something an older person would say - oh yeah, I am older.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog Melissa! I loved the pictures. You guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lovin'