Thursday, July 14, 2011

genius.

so the first week of dental school is almost over. i survived. i may have had a slight breakdown yesterday after coming to the realization that i have absolutely no friends here and nothing to do with my life besides clean, cook and play with my child but we're working on improving that. we have a dental school social thing on sunday, and i joined a mothers group today that has playgroups, and book clubs, and scrapbooking cluvbs, and walking clubs, and mom night's out so hopefully i won't be such a loser in the upcoming weeks. 

however, i have used my immense amount of spare time to make my genius makeup holder i saw on a blog somewhere {sorry, i don't remember which one} , and on my pinterest.
 
it's pretty much the easiest thing in the whole world to make. ok, maybe not. but i used a shadow box i bought from roberts arts and crafts when they had a "everything in the whole store is 50% off" sale, so i got it for $10.00, but you can buy a picture frame and it will do the same thing. my brushes box came from an old tea bag container my mom gave me. i bought a piece of metal from home depot for $7.00 and a whole package of scrapbook paper from joann's for $10.00, {and got like 100 sheets in it, so it cost me like a penny}

i modpdged the scrapbook paper on and let it dry, not long enough because my magnets stuck to it, but we won't show you those pictures. anyways, then i hot glued magnets on the back of my makeup {MAKE SURE YOU GLUE THEM VERY GOOD}, which cost $2.00 for 8 of them, and stuck them on. super easy, and awesome. and gets all of my makeup out of my medicine cabinet piled up. i only put the stuff i use frequently on there, which looks like quite a bit apparently. don't judge me.

a little side story for you, one of my makeups may have fallen off it's magnet into the toilet today, and i did not notice until i peed on it. tmi? probably, but it was awesome. luckily it floated, but still. it was classy. hence, the "use lots of hot glue" comment. or maybe don't hang them over the toilet. one or the other.

but after all is said and done, it cost me less than $20.00 and is a cute and easy way to decorate/organize. just don't pee on it.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea so so so much! Way to go girl.... I am pretty sure that if we were in the same city (or part of the world) that we could have a whole lot of fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. call me! i'm not doing much these days....

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lovin'