Tuesday, July 26, 2011

sold.

i sold my baby today.



haha. just kidding. not that one. 

my pride and joy. 

i miss it already. the husband has been trying to convince me for several weeks now that he "needs a motorcycle" because he could 1. park at school 2. get home faster 3. pay less insurance 4. pay less gas and the list goes on and on. but i wasn't going to just whip out $6,000 for a toy that he can die on, so he suggested we sell the truck since it's not worth a whole ton now anyways. i said no. 

it took him making a pro's and con's list several times. {and the only two cons were: 1. melissa has to drive the subaru & 2. levi will die} and me saying i want some money back from selling my baby to spend on myself. oh and he said i could buy whatever car i wanted in 3 years as long as it was less than $100,000. soo i figured it would take a month or two or three to sell it, since it's older and has some wear and tear.... but nope. it took 3 days. apparently it was meant to be for levi to have a motorcycle. 

i miss it. it was my first car. it took my from hauling friends around in high school, through college, going on dates, having friends make out in the backa {you know who you are}, skiing trips, going from utah to reno many times, getting married, moving to our apartment, driving to canada several times, having a baby. moving to sf and much more. it was so huge and comfy, driving the subaru sucks.  but it's only three years right? i just feel like a part of me is missing now, without my big mom-mobile. so long fair friend, i hope you provide many years of off roading to the nice guy who bought it. 

3 comments:

  1. Sad day. If I was you I'd be dreaming up that $100,000 car that you can get in three years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaat, that is sad! THXGMA has served you well these past many years, and made some pretty awesome memories (like taking your roommates and soon-to-be fiance back home to NV)... I bet it is going to a good home!

    PS... Who on earth would do such an odd thing and make out in the back of your car.. you have some interesting friends Melissa Wissa.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lovin'