Wednesday, August 17, 2011

starry.

i think i have finally found a balance in dental school-ness. zak and i have a different play group pretty much everyday, and after we socialize, i come home and do crafty things. it's working out well for me, because i don't feel like i spend my days in our house watching sesame street ALL day. 


so this was my DIY this week:


i have been searching to find something to put in our bathroom {it's made for handicapped people, so it's huge} that would take up some of the walls. 

enter joann's fabrics. their summer stuff was 90% off this week. which included these stars. plus, i had a 20% off your total purchase coupon. so i spent $2.23 total on the small ones, and $3.00 on the large one. which is a steal since the big one was $25.00 usually. score for me. 

enter my left over spray paint from my frame wall:

i ran out of blue paint, so i had to be creative with finishing it, because i couldn't do a second coat. 

the more i look at them, the more i dig the colors though. so i'm happy with my $5.00 craft. it makes my bathroom look so much better. 

i love decorating. and doing it myself. i should start a business or something. haha. maybe.... 



p.s. my birthday's tomorrow. hurrah hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. hey those look great!! and nice job on the price!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again - you are amazing! I've been trying to come up with things for my bare walls since the stuff I want is way out of my price range (like from $25-$100 or above). =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lovin'