Saturday, January 23, 2010

grateful.

today was the day i became grateful. not because i haven't been before, but then again who has life altering experiences everyday?

in the middle of coming home from the wedding expo with nicole, ashley and amy (which i will discuss further in another post) our drive abruptly changed. two little cars driving next to us, going about 90 mph, were racing to get in the carpool lane, and one of them lost control of their scion. spinning towards us, my backseat drivers start screaming, and i have no idea what is going on, until i see this white care coming toward me very very fast. she plowed into my door, and threw us into the other lanes, while still spinning out of control down the highway. somehow, and honestly i don't know how, i got us to the edge and pulled over. i have no idea why there were no cars next to us during rush hour traffic. actually i know why, and that is because someone was looking out for us, that is for sure.

all four of us are ok, minus our shock, with no scrapes or injuries or anything. we'll see if tomorrow we end up being sore from the seatbelts or something but i'm hoping not. the girl in the other car got taken to the hospital in an ambulance, so hopefully she is ok too.

it just makes me think about what could have happened today. I wasn't supposed to drive, but what if we had been driving something other than my beast of a car? we would have been smashed.

what if we didn't have our seatbelts on? yeah, i wouldn't have been able to get back in control of the car that's for sure.

what if she had hit 1/2 foot further back on the car? she would have smashed me, instead of only having my legs be in that position.

it's nice to know that the big man above looks out for us, especially in events like this. i am so grateful that none of these "what-ifs?" came true.

sometimes i wonder why our car seems to be the target this year. between it dying, and the break in, and this, we seem to be shelling out a whole bunch for my baby. it's a good thing it's an amazing beast because otherwise i wouldn't be writing this today. but we have all of her insurance info, so i'm crossing my fingers that it works out smoothly and she is paying for all of it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're safe! That is so crazy. I hope you don't have any whiplash or anything! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some lovin'