Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jobs.

We got our first full time paychecks for the summer this past week and it made me reflect on the jobs that we have. We both have two jobs right now, which is nice because we need variety.

Levi is working at the moving company on campus. Which according to him is a sweet job. He doesn't get paid much, but thanks to this job he has completed several of his Independent Study lessons that he doesn't have time to do at home. A few days out of the week, they call him in at 6:00am, which sucks because then I have to drive him there that early. But then he works from 6-12, well, not actually working... he probably works like 2 hours out of the 6. I got in the car the other day when he picked me up and he was soaking wet because some of the guys from work decided to squirt him with supersoakers while he got out of the car.... Also, he got a 40 cent raise the other day so now he is fork lift and truck driving certified. I know, you should be impressed with how useful my husband is. =) He also works for my dad in the afternoon calling all of his millions of clients and updating their contact info and having them send in some new paperwork. It's not the best job ever, but it's a job and it has gotten Levi out of the fear of talking on the phone, because he used to hate it. But he usually does that from 12:30 to 5:30 and then he starts dinner for us.
As we all know, I work in the kindergarten, make us lunch and then go to Independent Study in the afternoon, which btw I am planning on quitting as soon as summer semester is over, because then I can work full time in the kindergarten prepping for fall and then work there in the fall and hopefully never have to answer phones ever ever again. I am not a phone answering, sit at a desk all day kind of person. I don't know how everyone there works there full time. I think I would go crazy. But anyways, here are some new kindergarten pictures so enjoy!

This is us outside on the "music part" of the playground. We try and see how loud we can be banging the drums and the wind pipes. It's highly entertaining.
And this is my table, the yellow group. We sit with the same kids all year and mine are a lot of fun. The desks are a little hard to sit in though seeing as my legs are about 10 times longer than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some lovin'